Client: MMR Group
Architect: Bowman Riley Architects
Cotton mills were initially built on the Greenholme Mills site in 1790 & 1811. Benefiting from the waterpower provided by the River Wharf flowing by the site, over 300 operatives were initially employed in the mills, increasing to over 700 by the mid-1800’s.
The phased regeneration of the mill site consists of conversion and extension of the two remaining mill buildings to provide 100 apartments and new-build elements to provide 6 new-build apartments and 26 new-build houses. Leisure facilities are created by extending the existing on-site workshop buildings, to provide a café-bar, creche, gym and swimming pool.
We were appointed to develop the site-wide infrastructure services strategy for the phased redevelopment of the mill site and manage upgrades to the existing infrastructure, including relocation of the existing substation, installation of new mains water infrastructure and ultra-fast fibre Broadband services to each property.
Negotiating with Independent Gas Transporters (IGT’s), we were able to obtain the installation of new gas connections to the new-build houses at nil cost to the Client.